Take the following steps in your kitchen for safer Gluten – Free experiences.
- Have separate utensils, cookware, and small appliances
- Wash dishes, and eating utensils used for Gluten Free separately and with a separate exclusive sponge/washcloth. And wash them first.
- Use separate containers such as Tupperware or Rubbermaid to store Gluten Free dried goods and other refrigerated foods.
- Have a separate cutting boards
- Have a section in your kitchen that is used for Gluten Free cooking. It doesn’t have to be a large space but just big enough to prepare food. Also have a cabinet where the pot(s) and pan(s) can be store away from other pot(s) and pan(s). (Cross contamination can happen by stacking the pot(s) and pan(s) on top of one another.)
If you don’t have the space to store pot(s) and pan(s) separately then use 2 – gallon Ziploc bags to place the Gluten Free pot(s) and pan(s) in.
- Putting down a layer of Cling Wrap on your counter top helps prevent cross contamination.